photo 16 of 91
Brasenose College: Brasenose College: Chapel Quad

Brasenose College: Chapel Quad

The small and leafy Chapel Quad, also known as the Deer Park, which contains the library and chapel of Brasenose College. Both were built in 1656-63 and are considered the most ambitious Oxford buildings constructed during the Interregnum. They were designed by the mason John Jackson in an unusual Gothic-Classical hybrid. Brasenose College was founded in 1509.