Reliquary of Saint Foy (c.1100)
This box contained the relics of St. Foy that were not placed in the back of her golden statue. Dating from the early 12th century, the wooden box is covered with beautiful hammered leather and enamel decoration. It was discovered in the masonry of the choir in 1875; it is believed to have been hidden there in 1590. After being repaired, the reliquary was transferred to the cathedral of Rodez for a novena, then brought back in procession to Conques (a distance of 25 miles) on the shoulders of the clergy.