Schottenportal: Left Jambs
Sculptures at the top of the left jambs on the "Schottenportal," the north portal of the Schottenkirche Sankt Jakob, Regensburg. The figure on the far right holds a vessel draped with fur pelts. The monastic church of St. James was founded by Irish missionaries and dates mostly from the second half of the 12th century. The portal has been dated to c.1180.