She-Wolf of Rome
The She-Wolf of Rome, displayed in the Sala della Lupa of the Palazzo dei Conservatori, Musei Capitolini, Rome, Italy. This famous bronze sculpture used to be on the Capitoline Hill and has been displayed in this spot since the 16th century. It has long been thought to be an Etruscan work of the early 5th century BCE, but during recent restorations it was discovered that it used the lost-wax method of bronze casting; this may indicate a medieval date. The figures of Romulus and Remus are definitely later additions, created by Antonio del Pollaiuolo around 1470.