Oxford is a city of about 135,000 residents in southern England. It is known as the "City of Dreaming Spires," a phrase coined by Matthew Arnold for its beautiful architecture and aspiring student population. Oxford is home to the oldest university in the English-speaking world, many beautiful college chapels, an ancient cathedral and shrine, and many important sites in the history of English Christianity. Notable religious figures such as John Wycliffe, John Wesley, C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien have called Oxford home, and so has your humble webmaster. Oxford also boasts a number of historic and interesting parish churches, including the fantastic Iffley Church, which has been called the best Romanesque church in England. Follow a link below to explore the fascinating history, architecture and religious sites of the beautiful city of Oxford.
- Oxford Map Our detailed, interactive city map of Oxford, showing the location of sacred sites and religious attractions.
- Oxford Photos Our galleries of hand-selected photos of religious sites in Oxford.
- Oxford Books Selected travel guides and other books on Oxford.
- Oxford Sightseeing Tours Save money and time by booking sightseeing tours and excursions in Oxford before you leave home.
- Oxford Hotels Search availability, read reviews, browse photos, view a map and book a room in Oxford at the guaranteed lowest price.