photo 1 of 22
Previous | Next
Calvin's Oratory: West Exterior

West Exterior

West facade of Calvin's Oratory (Auditoire de Calvin) in Geneva, located next door to the cathedral. The simple but elegant 13th-century Gothic chapel became a Protestant lecture hall at the Reformation. Here the Scottish reformer John Knox preached from 1556 to 1559 and the French reformer John Calvin founded a Christian academy in 1559.