photo 1 of 59
Previous | Next
Reformation Wall: The Lord's Prayer

The Lord's Prayer

Detail of an inscription of the Lord's Prayer in English, above a relief showing John Knox preaching in Edinburgh. Constructed between 1909 and 1917, the Mur de la Reformation commemorates Geneva's significant role in the Protestant Reformation. Measuring 325 feet long and 30 feet high, it depicts figures and scenes from Protestant history against a backdrop of the Reformation motto: Post Tenebras Lux ("After Darkness, Light").