photo 15 of 59
Reformation Wall: William of Orange

William of Orange

Statue of William of Orange, a.k.a. William the Silent (1533-84) on the Reformation Wall. Constructed between 1909 and 1917, the Mur de la Reformation commemorates Geneva's significant role in the Protestant Reformation. Measuring 325 feet long and 30 feet high, it depicts figures and scenes from Protestant history against a backdrop of the Reformation motto: Post Tenebras Lux ("After Darkness, Light").

Credit: Holly Hayes