A mountainous walled city with a 5,000-year history, Jerusalem is sacred to the three great monotheistic religions of Judaism, Christianity and Islam - which means it is sacred to more than a third of the world's population. For Jews, Jerusalem is the site of the Temple, now in ruins except for the Western Wall; for Christians, it is the site of Christ's death and resurrection; for Muslims, it is the site of the Prophet's night journey to heaven. Jerusalem is therefore a major site of pilgrimage for all three religions as well as, unfortunately, a place of religio-political tension over this important piece of land. The city is also popular destination for non-religious travelers, thanks to its unmatched historical and spiritual importance, its network of museums and concerts, and the archeological treasures that are continually discovered here. Follow a link below to learn more about the holy city of Jerusalem.
- Jerusalem Map Our detailed, interactive city map of Jerusalem, showing the location of sacred sites and religious attractions.
- Jerusalem Photos Our galleries of hand-selected photos of religious sites in Jerusalem.
- Jerusalem Books Selected travel guides and other books on Jerusalem.
- Jerusalem Sightseeing Tours Save money and time by booking sightseeing tours and excursions in Jerusalem before you leave home.
- Jerusalem Hotels Search availability, read reviews, browse photos, view a map and book a room in Jerusalem at the guaranteed lowest price.