Luxor (Arabic: الأقصر) is a city in southern Egypt. It has been called the "world's greatest open-air museum" and for good reason. Luxor is home to the ruins of Karnak Temple and Luxor Temple, as well as the Valley of the Kings and Valley of the Queens and other monuments on the West Bank of the Nile. Modern Luxor stands on the site of the ancient city of Thebes, which drew visitors from all over the world even in ancient times. Today, Luxor has a population of about 150,000 and is a popular holiday destination. In addition to its own spectacular sights, Luxor makes an excellent base for touring Upper Egypt and as a starting or finishing point for Nile cruises.
- Luxor Map Our detailed, interactive city map of Luxor, showing the location of sacred sites and religious attractions.
- Luxor Photos Our galleries of hand-selected photos of religious sites in Luxor.
- Luxor Books Selected travel guides and other books on Luxor.
- Luxor Sightseeing Tours Save money and time by booking sightseeing tours and excursions in Luxor before you leave home.
- Luxor Hotels Search availability, read reviews, browse photos, view a map and book a room in Luxor at the guaranteed lowest price.