Mexico City, USA
Mexico City (Spanish: Ciudad de México) is the capital of Mexico. Founded by the Aztecs as Tenochtitlán in 1325, Mexico City is both the oldest and the highest (7,347 ft) metropolis on the North American continent. And with nearly 22 million inhabitants, it is the third largest metropolitan area in the world (after Tokyo and New York City). Mexico City is home to many important sacred sites, religious buildings and archaeological remains. With Mexico City as a base, you can experience the most popular Catholic shrine in the world, marvel at several ancient stone pyramids and temples, and browse fascinating artifacts in the world-class National Anthropological Museum.
- Mexico City Map Our detailed, interactive city map of Mexico City, showing the location of sacred sites and religious attractions.
- Mexico City Photos Our galleries of hand-selected photos of religious sites in Mexico City.
- Mexico City Books Selected travel guides and other books on Mexico City.
- Mexico City Sightseeing Tours Save money and time by booking sightseeing tours and excursions in Mexico City before you leave home.
- Mexico City Hotels Search availability, read reviews, browse photos, view a map and book a room in Mexico City at the guaranteed lowest price.