Tokyo (東京, "Eastern Capital") is the home of the Japanese government and the emperor. It is also the nation's most populous urban area: 12 million people - 10 percent of the country's population - live in Tokyo. A vibrant modern city, Tokyo may not have the wealth of historic religious sites boasted by cities like Kyoto or Nara, but it is still home to an interesting array of Buddhist temples, Shinto shrines, and other sacred sites ranging from Christian churches to Confucian temples.
- Tokyo Map Our detailed, interactive city map of Tokyo, showing the location of sacred sites and religious attractions.
- Tokyo Photos Our galleries of hand-selected photos of religious sites in Tokyo.
- Tokyo Books Selected travel guides and other books on Tokyo.
- Tokyo Sightseeing Tours Save money and time by booking sightseeing tours and excursions in Tokyo before you leave home.
- Tokyo Hotels Search availability, read reviews, browse photos, view a map and book a room in Tokyo at the guaranteed lowest price.