Zürich is one of the prettiest cities in all of Europe and our favorite Swiss city. Despite its size - it's the largest city in Switzerland with 375,000 residents - Zürich still manages to retain its Old World charm. The German-speaking city is both large enough to offer every amenity and small enough to discover on an easy wander around town. The Altstadt (Old Town) is one of the most intriguing in Switzerland, with numerous historic churches, riverside quays, and winding cobblestone streets ideal for exploring.
Situated on the northern shore of Lake Zürich in the heart of Switzerland, Zürich stands between the wooded slopes of the Uetliberg and the Zürichberg and occupies both banks of the Limmat River. Zürich produces one-fifth of the country's income, but it is no souless commercial center. It was the center of the Swiss Reformation under Ulrich Zwingli in the 1500s and it is still a very Protestant town. It's also long been a center of liberal thought, attracting such scholars as Lenin, Carl Jung, James Joyce, and Thomas Mann. And the Dadaist artistic school was founded here in 1916.
- Zurich Map Our detailed, interactive city map of Zurich, showing the location of sacred sites and religious attractions.
- Zurich Photos Our galleries of hand-selected photos of religious sites in Zurich.
- Zurich Books Selected travel guides and other books on Zurich.
- Zurich Sightseeing Tours Save money and time by booking sightseeing tours and excursions in Zurich before you leave home.
- Zurich Hotels Search availability, read reviews, browse photos, view a map and book a room in Zurich at the guaranteed lowest price.