North wall of the Norman nave, walled up and converted into a palace for Anne of Cleves, the fourth wife of King Henry VIII, in 1539. The brickwork is part of that Tudor conversion. The stone of the Norman church was imported from Caen in Normandy. To the east (far right of this photo) is a wooden roof protecting a porticus chapel of the original Anglo-Saxon church, which contains burials of abbots.
Credit: Holly Hayes