photo 79 of 148
Cluny Abbey: Chapel of Jean de Bourbon (1460)

Chapel of Jean de Bourbon (1460)

Door of the Chapel of Jean de Bourbon (named for the abbot who commissioned it), begun in 1460. Located in the east wall of the transept, it replaced a small Romanesque apsidole dedicated to St. Eutropius and functioned as a private funerary chapel.

Credit: Holly Hayes