photo 81 of 148
Cluny Abbey: Jean de Bourbon's Chapel (1460): Bust

Jean de Bourbon's Chapel (1460): Bust

Bust of a prophet in the Chapel of Jean de Bourbon (named for the abbot who commissioned it), begun in 1460. Located in the east wall of the transept, it replaced a small Romanesque apsidole dedicated to St. Eutropius and functioned as a private funerary chapel.

Credit: Holly Hayes