photo 83 of 148
Cluny Abbey: Jean de Bourbon's Chapel (1460): David

Jean de Bourbon's Chapel (1460): David

Bust of King David in the Chapel of Jean de Bourbon (named for the abbot who commissioned it), begun in 1460. Located in the east wall of the transept, it replaced a small Romanesque apsidole dedicated to St. Eutropius and functioned as a private funerary chapel.

Credit: Holly Hayes