photo 89 of 148
Cluny Abbey: Cellar and Granary (c.1275)

Cellar and Granary (c.1275)

Late 13th-century Gothic building on the southeast edge of the abbey complex, which housed the cellar (bottom level, partially underground) and flour store or granary (upper level). The flour store is now a museum displaying artifacts and models of Cluny Abbey. The building was reduced in length during the 18th-century additions to the monastery, and now stretches 36 meters inward from the abbey walls. On the right is the

Credit: Holly Hayes