photo 172 of 186
Le Puy Cathedral: Chapter House (Chapel of the Dead)

Chapter House (Chapel of the Dead)

The Romanesque chapter house, also known as the Chapel of the Dead since it was used as a burial place for canons since 1639. The end wall is covered with a wonderful fresco from around 1200 depicting the Crucifixion.

Credit: Holly Hayes