Cloister: North Gallery
The 11th-century cloister. Only the north gallery (seen here) remains of the original four; it adjoins the south side of the church. Saint Ardain was buried in the cloister in 1056, but his relics were later moved inside the church. The central courtyard has the same layout it did in medieval times. The monastery buildings are mostly modern reconstructions.
Credit: Holly Hayes