Chapel of St. Thomas
The Chapel of St. Thomas is accessed through a passageway in the southeast corner of the cloister. The chapel incorporates the hostel where St. Thomas Aquinas stayed and passed away in March 1274. He was on his way to the Council of Lyons when he was given hospitality by the monks here. In 1368 his remains were moved from Fossanova to the Jacobins Church in Toulouse, France.
Credit: Holly Hayes