photo 412 of 447
Chartres Cathedral: Our Lady of the Pillar

Our Lady of the Pillar

Chapel of Notre Dame de Pilar (Our Lady of the Pillar) in the north ambulatory. The statue of the Virgin Mary and Child in this chapel dates from the 16th century and has been the focus of great devotion ever since. It was placed in this chapel in 1855.

Credit: Holly Hayes