photo 74 of 148
Cluny Abbey: West Side of South Transept

West Side of South Transept

The best view in the house of the surviving south transept of Cluny Abbey (1088-1130), from the small Cour de la Congrégation on its west side. On the left is the outer wall of a side aisle; on the right is the 18th-century Chapel of the Congregation, which replaced the Romanesque "Abbot's Chapel."

Credit: Holly Hayes