Corpus Christi Church
This large Gothic brick church dates from the mid-14th-century and is adjacent to a monastery built 1405. The rich interior includes a painting by Lucas Cranach, fine choir stalls and a boat-shaped pulpit.
Built in 1862 for Krakow's progressive (or reformed) Jews, this fine synagogue still hosts services a few times a year, along with classical concerts. Behind the splendid Neo-Renaissance exterior is a Moorish-style interior.
St. Andrew's Church
Located next door to the Baroque church of Peter and Paul, St. Andrew's Church dates from the 11th century and is the finest example of Romanesque architecture in Krakow. The interior has been given a Baroque makeover.
Krakus and Wanda Mounds
These two prehistoric man-made mounds add a bit of mystery to Krakow's skyline. Their purpose remains unknown, but both are perfectly astronomically aligned with the sunrises of important Celtic days.
Church of Peter and Paul
Established by the Jesuits in the 17th century, this church features a splendid Baroque facade (patterned closely after the mother church in Rome) and larger-than-life statues of the 12 apostles.
St. Stanislaw's Church
Also known as the Church on the Rock, this 14th-century Gothic church stands on the site where Bishop Stanislaw of Poland was beheaded and dismembered on order of the king in 1079. It is now a Paulite church and monastery.
The historic Remuh Synagogue is the only synagogue in Krakow to remain in active use. It dates from the 16th century and includes an original ark and a fine cemetery.
Dating from 1664, the Synagoga Izaaka is considered by many to be the most beautiful synagogue in Krakow. It now houses historic photographs and documentary films, including haunting newsreels taken by the Nazis.