Verona is one of the most beautiful cities in Northern Italy. Located 70 miles west of Venice, this golden-hued and prosperous city on the river is famously the home of Romeo and Juliet (you can even visit a "House of Juliet"), but religious and cultural travelers will likely be more smitten with Verona's ancient Roman architecture, multiple medieval churches, and plentiful Renaissance art.
- Verona Map Our detailed, interactive city map of Verona, showing the location of sacred sites and religious attractions.
- Verona Photos Our galleries of hand-selected photos of religious sites in Verona.
- Verona Books Selected travel guides and other books on Verona.
- Verona Sightseeing Tours Save money and time by booking sightseeing tours and excursions in Verona before you leave home.
- Verona Hotels Search availability, read reviews, browse photos, view a map and book a room in Verona at the guaranteed lowest price.
Sacred Sites and Religious Attractions in Verona
Verona CathedralDating primarily from the 12th century, Verona's cathedral features fine Romanesque carvings, some Early Christian artifacts, and a lovely painting by Titian.
San Zeno MaggioreThe most important medieval church in Verona, San Zeno was founded in the 5th century and rebuilt in the 12th century. It has fine bronze doors and many other important artworks.