Thailand's capital city is known locally as Krung Thep, the "City of Angels," but foreigners know it as Bangkok. Home to 10 million people, one of the fastest-growing economies in the world and countless picturesque canals, Bangkok has also earned the nicknames "Big Mango" and "Venice of the East." Founded in 1782 when King Rama I moved his capital across the river from Thonburi, Bangkok is not a particularly ancient city, but it is a cool mix of modern and traditional. It is positively filled with fascinating temples (wats), which are adorned with priceless art and religious treasures, populated by orange-clad monks and frequently visited by the faithful.
Guided Tours of Bangkok
- Thailand's Ayutthaya Temples and River Cruise from Bangkok
- Bangkok Temples Tour including reclining Buddha at Wat Pho
- Bangkok Small-Group Bike Tour
- Bangkok Canals Cruise including Grand Palace and Wat Arun
- Private Tour: Bangkok Temples including reclining Buddha at Wat Pho
- view all Bangkok tours