Luxor (Arabic: الأقصر) is a city in southern Egypt. It has been called the "world's greatest open-air museum" and for good reason. Luxor is home to the ruins of Karnak Temple and Luxor Temple, as well as the Valley of the Kings and Valley of the Queens and other monuments on the West Bank of the Nile. Modern Luxor stands on the site of the ancient city of Thebes, which drew visitors from all over the world even in ancient times. Today, Luxor has a population of about 150,000 and is a popular holiday destination. In addition to its own spectacular sights, Luxor makes an excellent base for touring Upper Egypt and as a starting or finishing point for Nile cruises.
Guided Tours of Luxor
- Egypt – Alchemy & Divine Egyptian Magick Featured
- Private Tour: Luxor East Bank, Karnak and Luxor Temples
- Hot Air Balloon Flight Over Luxor West Bank and Nile River
- 8-Day Nile River Cruise from Luxor to Aswan with Optional Private Guide
- Luxor Shore Excursion: Private Tour of the Temples of Karnak and Luxor Temple
- view all Luxor tours