Istanbul is the largest city in Turkey, with a population of almost 14 million people. The overused phrase "East meets West" really applies in Istanbul, where the continents of Europe and Asia come together and miniskirts coexist with head scarves.
Istanbul has a myriad of attractions for visitors, particularly those interested in history and religion. Previously known as Byzantium and then Constantinople, the ancient city is a layering of civilization on civilization, empire on empire. As a major religious center for both the Greek Orthodox Church and the Islamic faith, Istanbul is the custodian of one of the world's most important cultural heritages and home to some of the world's most opulent displays of art and wealth, most of which were built in the name of faith.
Guided Tours of Istanbul
- Ephesus and the House of Virgin Mary Day Trip from Istanbul
- Cappadocia In One Day Small-Group Tour from Istanbul: Ozkonak Underground City, Uchisar and Open-Air
- Private Tour: Istanbul's Jewish Heritage
- Istanbul Small-Group Tour Including Dolmabahce Palace and Luxury Transport
- Whirling Dervish Show in Istanbul
- view all Istanbul tours