Tokyo (東京, "Eastern Capital") is the home of the Japanese government and the emperor. It is also the nation's most populous urban area: 12 million people - 10 percent of the country's population - live in Tokyo. A vibrant modern city, Tokyo may not have the wealth of historic religious sites boasted by cities like Kyoto or Nara, but it is still home to an interesting array of Buddhist temples, Shinto shrines, and other sacred sites ranging from Christian churches to Confucian temples.
Guided Tours of Tokyo
- Kyoto and Nara 2-Day or 3-Day Rail Tour by Bullet Train from Tokyo
- Panoramic Tokyo Day Tour - Meiji Shrine, Asakusa Temple and Tokyo Bay Cruise
- Tokyo Skytree, Asakusa and Central Tokyo Sightseeing Tour
- Kamakura, Yokohama and Tokyo Bay Day Trip from Tokyo
- 3-Day Kyoto and Hiroshima Independent Tour by Nozomi Bullet Train from Tokyo
- view all Tokyo tours