San Francisco, USA
San Francisco is a compact city (49 square miles) of 750,000 people in northern California. One of the country's most popular travel destinations, San Francisco is famous for its Golden Gate Bridge, steep streets, Victorian architecture, swanky boutiques, world-class restaurants, cable cars, and trademark commitment to liberalism. San Francisco's rich history of gold rushes, pioneers, Spanish missionaries and Asian immigration has ensured the city is full of interesting religious sites, which include Chinese temples, a museum full of Asian religious art, Episcopal churches, Spanish missions and some interesting examples of modern religious architecture. Follow a link below to explore the spiritual side of San Francisco.
- San Francisco Map Our detailed, interactive city map of San Francisco, showing the location of sacred sites and religious attractions.
- San Francisco Photos Our galleries of hand-selected photos of religious sites in San Francisco.
- San Francisco Books Selected travel guides and other books on San Francisco.
- San Francisco Sightseeing Tours Save money and time by booking sightseeing tours and excursions in San Francisco before you leave home.
- San Francisco Hotels Search availability, read reviews, browse photos, view a map and book a room in San Francisco at the guaranteed lowest price.
Sacred Sites and Religious Attractions in San Francisco
Grace CathedralCompleted in 1964 in a neo-Gothic style, this active Episcopal cathedral contains fine stained glass windows, two labyrinths, and other notable modern artworks.
Hua Zang Si TempleA non-denominational Chinese Buddhist temple, Hua Zang Si is housed in an old Gothic church building in the Mission District of San Francisco.
Mission DoloresThis Franciscan church founded in 1776 is the oldest building in San Francisco. Built and decorated by Native American converts, it has an interesting mix of native and Spanish styles.